Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SPT - Gas prices

Your challenge this week? find your last receipt from the gas station (or if you are filling up over the weekend, make note of what you spend.) how'd you do? $35.00? $70.00? $100.00+?? what if you could take THAT amount and spend it on something for you?? to make it a little more challenging, let's just say that you can only buy ONE item, and the cost of that ONE item must be within $5.00 of what you spent at the pump.don't let this challenge over *stimulate* you. have fun!!

I spent $62.00 at the pump to fill our mini van. If I could spend that on myself, I would love to get a pink coach purse...


This one is actually a diaper bag, but it's so cute and so out of my price range. I would settle for a wallet on eBay...


This one is on eBay currently for the price I paid at the pump $62. It probably won't stay at that bidding price, but it's okay, 'cause I couldn't bring myself to pay that price anyway. I wish I could buy either without having to think about the price of gas. Will the price ever go down?!

12 comments:

Katie A. said...

Very cute purse, diaper bag, and wallet! I've never bought anything on E-Bay before. I would be nervous. Definitely more fun than filling up your tank, though.

Anonymous said...

Cute coach bag. We have an outlet here and I often dream. :-)

Bren's Life said...

That purse is so cute!!
And I just have to tell you - you need to take off the distorted glasses & see that you have a Great figure & by what I can see you look BEAUTIFUL & I bet your hubby would absolutely love to see you in something from Victoria or anywhere... You look great, don't be so hard on yourself!!!!

Kalina said...

that is a cute purse. I think my daughter would steal it from me! I'm just jealous because everyone else spends much less on gas than we do. ours equals to $5/gallon right now.

Courtney said...

I love the bag and the wallet! so much better than a tank of gas!

Midge said...

A pink purse would make me so much happier than a weeks worth of gas. I think we have to have amnesia after filling the tank, because I'm like you I wouldn't be able to spend that kind of money on something for myself.

The Monkeys said...

I agree. There is no way I would pay $62 for a wallet. I never did understand the draw to overpriced clothes and bags, but that one is cute!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I dig the purse and wallet. Is it so dang crazy that you can get stuff like that for the price we pay to drive to and from work and random lame places, seriously, NOT COOL!!! I really need to be doing these challange things, they are way cute.

Jeanette said...

I'm with you, I'd buy that too if money wasn't an issue. Too cute!

Sarah said...

That is one cute diaper bag. I would love to have it. I can't ever bring myself to spend much money on purses, because my kids snacks always spill and ruin them. I wish and hope the price of gas goes down soon.

Tilane said...

I hate getting outbid on stuff I really want. Why can't prices just stay reasonable!?!

Unknown said...

isn't it frustrating to have such great taste?!?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels