Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday

Black Friday is a tradition in our family. I get up way too early and am gone shopping all morning trying to get good deals. This year I really wanted a new computer and since Computers were so cheap I thought I'd see if I could get one at Circuit City. I had a list of stores that I wanted to go to with the things I wanted to buy and the times the stores opened. I had my plan all mapped out and was ready to go at 3:40am. If you can't tell, I take it really seriously. I want to get in and out of stores as quickly as possible.


Well, things didn't go quite as I planned them to. I didn't get to the first store until 4:15am because my sister-in-law wasn't ready to go until 3:50am. Once in the first store, JC Penney, we were in the slowest line where the checker wasn't even trying to go very fast at all. Anyhow, I didn't get to Circuit City until 4:57am and by then the line wrapped around the building. They only allowed the first 300 people in the store and then they closed the doors until people came out. Once someone came out of the building they would let other people in to replace them. I got into the store at 5:30am then I had to find the line to wait in for computers and hope that the one I wanted was still available. Fortunately for me it was, but not without a 2 1/2 hour wait in line. There were only about 10 people in line in front of me and that's how long it took for everyone to check out. Yet another checker who feels that there is no rush to move at all. Oh well! I doubt that I will ever go to Circuit City on another Black Friday. I did get my computer at a $450 discount. Can't beat that. Here's a picture of it all set up.





Besides that, I was able to get the kids their Christmas gifts and I'm so glad about that. I love getting things at a great price and it's nice to almost be done with my Christmas shopping. Nothing like getting it done in one day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels