Sunday, November 03, 2013

Canning

Here are a few pictures of what I canned this summer.


This was the first time I've ever canned peaches & they were a lot of work, but they are oh so good!!!


This is what I made with the peach skins--Peach Honey.  Here is the link to this awesome recipe by Gertrude Buchanan.


This was also the first time I canned pears & after all the peaches I canned, it was nice to have help from Matthew and the kids.  It sure went a lot faster with help.


I kept the skins from the pears as well and made yummy pear honey using the same recipe as the peach honey.  All I can say about all this honey is yum, yum, yum!  It's divine on toasted honey whole wheat bread.


This is the first year I grew pickling cucumbers & my plant took forever to grow cucumbers, so I only got 3 jars of dill pickles.  I think Matthew is waiting to open them because he knows he only has 3 jars & he'd probably eat an entire jar at one sitting. :)  


We have raspberry bushes that provide lots and lots of raspberries, so I was able to make enough jelly to get us through the entire year & I still have a little raspberry juice in the freezer.

*pics taken 10/19/13

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels