Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~ Simone Signoret
I was ready KatyLin's blog today and she posted this quote. I really like it because it's so true! There are so many little things that make up our marriage. Here are just a few examples of the little things that Matthew does in our relationship.
- Just today he spent the day washing my van. I've been so lucky in my marriage because he always washes and cleans out our cars. He's really thorough too and I love how clean my van gets.
- Yesterday he spent the day cleaning out our garage. It's so nice to have a clean garage after a long winter!
- Tonight I was in a rush to get a dish made that I had to take with me and so I left a huge mess in the kitchen. He had it cleaned up by the time I got home.
- He reads scriptures and says prayers with the kids when I'm out.
- He listens to my stories when they go on and on.
- He gives me a gentle touch of affection when he's near me just to show me he loves me.
- He watches movies with me almost every weekend.
- He encourages me in everything I do.
- He tells me he loves me every time he says goodbye on the phone.
- He sends me texts on my phone when were in the same room, just to be funny.
- He buys me Coldstone ice cream when I really need it.
- He holds my hand (doesn't happen often because it's hard with 3 kids in tow)
- He empties the dishwasher when the dishes are clean.
- He mops the kitchen floor. (I've never had to do that job in this house yet!)
- This is a picture of him cleaning out the vacuum filter for his shop vac. He did a really great job and then while it was drying outside, some lovely child ran over it with their bike. It's mangled with lovely bike treads in it. Oh well, c'est la vie!!
My husband does more than clean, but I took my pictures today and he happened to be cleaning. On his day off too!! Anyway, he's the bestest and I love all the MILLION little things he does for our marriage and our family. Rock on baby!!