When we had our gate put in we realized that it didn't quite clear the grass, so we decided to kill the grass behind the gate and install some pavers. Well, there was a sprinkler head right behind the gate that had to be removed in order to install the pavers. Matthew and I meant to start this job this summer, but never got to it. So, I thought to myself, "it can't be that hard."
While researching this on the Internet, I found that we couldn't just cap off the hose where that sprinkler head was because when we winterize our system the water would be left in that portion and our pipes could freeze.
and I had to change the sprinkler head we were keeping from this
I was so proud of myself because this only cost me a couple bucks because all I needed was one clamp! I know. I was covered in mud and it took me about three hours from beginning to finish, but I didn't have to pay someone else to do it!
It would have gone faster too if I didn't have the cutest little 2 yr old helping me then deciding it was boring and wanting to go back in the house. Plus I had to call Matthew a few times to locate certain tools. Anyway, it's done and now we can move on to the paving job! More pictures to come.
*pics taken 09/18/09