Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gingerbread Houses

Okay so this year the kids wanted to make real gingerbread houses. I said sure why not! After spending the entire day making gingerbread houses, I told them next year we'll use graham crackers. It's much faster and much easier! I started making the dough this morning around 10:30 a.m. We were finished constructing them and decorating them at 8:30 p.m. The house smells great and the kids are happy so it was worth it. I've never made real gingerbread before, so it was an experience for me and it was kinda fun, but very time consuming. Here are some pictures of our day full of gingerbread houses...

Here are the many, not so straight, gingerbread pieces!

Ethan hard at work.

Ethan's final product.

Kalin constructing her snowman out of gumdrops.


Kalin's final product.


Dacia's final product.
Matthew's final product.

2 comments:

The Kemps said...

What adorable houses! Your kids looked like they had a great time.

~Amy said...

Hey you!!!
So funny I made gingerbread houses for the first time this year too and I spend ALLLLLL DAY working on them and I also told myself that I was going to do the Grahm cracker houses next year.
Yours turned out SOOOO CUTE!!!!
Love ya!!!
~Amy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels